Sunday, March 4, 2012

In Another Magazine!

Meet my Cherries Jubilee quilt design ~ And this is it's photo as it appears in the current issue of Fon's & Porter's Easy Quilts magazine (Summer 2012 issue)!  Doesn't she look cozy :)  I designed and pieced the quilt, and my friend Mary Nielsen of Keep Me In Quilts did the quilting on it. 

This quilt really is easy to make from just two simple to piece blocks...

And aren't these fabrics just yummy?  This version has a warm and cozy traditional feel made from the Cocheco Mills III fabric collection from Marcus Brothers Fabrics.  As a bonus, the magazine also shows a snippet of the quilt done in scrappy batik fabrics which look really cool, and I have plans to make it again using some fresh modern fabrics too :)

Kits are available for the quilt in this pretty pink & brown version Here on my Website, and you can get bolt fabric of the Cocheco Mills III fabrics Here while supplies last :)

Pick up a copy of Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts Magazine on sale now.  There are some really cute projects in this issue ~ I've already dog-earred four pages in my magazine :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

5 comments:

Carol said...

What a wonderful, wonderful quilt!

Heather said...

Woo Hoo!!!Congrats!! Beautiful quilt!

whimbrella said...

Congratulations on another beautiful quilt and feature!

Jennifer (forgetmenotquilteds) said...

Very pretty! Congratulations.

AlaskanColleen said...

Wow, in Fons and Porter! I read that magazine. How wonderful. Good job! Your quilt is beautiful, I'm making one right now that is pink and brown as well but a rather simple pattern. Kudos!