Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm a Cover Girl!

...Well, at least my Infinity Scarf is...And my son's girlfriend Oksana who so graciously agreed to model for me :)  It was a nice mail day today, when I got my copy of Sew-It Today in the mail, and saw that a picture of one of my projects made it to the cover (And I even took the photo!).  I was asked to make an Infinity Scarf for the premier issue of Sew-it Today magazine with these beautiful batiks, and then I was asked to take a shot at the photography...and they actually used some of my pictures :)

These are a couple of the shots that I sent.  (There were a bunch of others too)

Oksana is a sweet girl with a beautiful smile ~ I've never had one of my projects make the cover of a magazine before...and now I know that the key is to have it displayed properly :) 

Here's a picture of the scarf showing the piecing and the inside fabric.

And I have another project in this magazine too ~ my Holly Lane Tablerunner is on page 22 :)  I didn't take this photo, it was sent off to the magazine to a professional (this is a scan of the page).  I love it with the props...I'm still smiling :)

Enjoy the day!
~ Dawn

10 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Congratulations Dawn! Both projects look wonderful. That looks like a good magazine, and reasonably priced too. I will have to check it out.

teachpany said...

Congratulaions! I'm so excited for you. I'll look for this magazine, too.

Rita said...

Congratulations Dawn! I'm so happy for you! Both projects look great.

Jocelyn said...

Very nice. Congratulations Dawn!

Laura said...

Wow! You are famous! Congrats!!

Dawn said...

Thank you guys ~ you've made me smile tonight :)

Miriam said...

Congratulations Dawn!!
Love both of your projects.

Kathleen said...

WOW - I know a celebrity! I really like that scarf...great idea.

Ann Symes said...

Congratulations! Great projects!

DownHome Designs said...

Wow! Dawn, this is SO exciting! Congratulations!